IFDB Terms of Service
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of these terms of service. If you don't accept these terms, you are not permitted to access this site. We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time, so we suggest that you periodically review the most current version. By continuing to use the service, you accept the terms then in effect.
You may not "hack" the site, violate the copyrights of any of the material on the site, circumvent or attempt to circumvent passwords or other technical features meants to protect the site or limit or control access, harass the site's operators or users, access the site through automated means that would cause excessive load on our servers or network connections, or otherwise abuse the site.
We reserve the right to delete user accounts or deny access to any user, at our sole discretion and without notice. We may discontinue the entire service, or any feature of the service, at any time without notice.
You understand that the site's operators do not routinely review, filter, or edit the material uploaded by users, and you agree that we are under no obligation to do so. The site provides self-serve publishing features that allow users to post information directly without any approval or review process. You agree that any material you find offensive or objectionable is the sole responsibility of the user who posted it. If you encounter material you believe is in violation of our terms of service, you may report it us (see our contact information), but you agree that such a report creates no obligation of any kind on the site's operators.
The site includes features that let you upload information to be published on the site. If you use these features, you agree as follows:
- You retain the copyright to any information you create and upload to this site. However, by uploading original material to the site, you automatically license the material under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. (Why?) You may only upload material that you have a right to license in this manner.
- For the purposes of the Creative Commons license, IFDB will credit you by your screen name as you set it in your profile, so you should select a screen name that reflects how you wish to be credited by IFDB and by anyone who reuses IFDB content under the CC license.
- As an exception to the Creative Commons licensing requirement, you may upload "Cover Art" images without granting the Creative Commons license described above, provided that the images are otherwise licensed by their copyright owners in such a way that royalty-free use of the images on this site is permissible.
- You will not upload anything that infringes any copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights, anything that's defamatory or libelous, anything that harasses anyone, anything pornographic, obscene, or indecent, or anything illegal. This includes hyperlinks to illegal material or to sites that traffic in illegal material. By uploading information, you warrant that it meets these requirements and that you have exercised due diligence in determining that the material is not in violation of these terms. Furthermore, by uploading information, you indemnify us against claims arising from our use of the material.
- You must not upload information that's inappropriate for the subject matter of the relevant feature. You must not upload "spam" or other off-topic commercial messages, for example.
- You agree that we're not obligated to display, publish, or store anything you upload. You agree that we may edit, omit, or delete anything that you upload, at our sole discretion and without notice.
We intend for these terms to be reasonable and easy to understand. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.